In 1992, Charles began his journey with acupuncture with the study of Toyo Hari, an esoteric Japanese system of acupuncture practiced in Japan almost exclusively by blind people. This intensive course concluded in 1994, and was followed by clinical rounds over the next two years with groups of masters from Japan.
In 1999, the NY State Board recognized acupuncture training formally, and Charles completed a Master’s of Science in Acupuncture at Tri-State College of Acupuncture.
Charles is recognized as an Acupuncture Detoxification Therapist (ADT) and has been the Supervisor and Trainer for Detox Acupuncture services for St. Peter’s Addiction Recovery Center (SPARC), in Guilderland and in Albany. He also provided these services for Hudson River Psychiatric Hospital’s day program, and for Ulster County Mental Health Department’s Chemical Dependency Day Treatment Program, both in Kingston.
RELATED POINTS OF INTEREST AND STUDY:
- Charles spent three years study at the Arica Institute, a school of mysticism and meditation, from 1973-77.
- One year at an Ashram in India, studying many methods of meditation and a spiritual form of Tai Chi.
- Charles has studied Brema, an ancestor of polarity therapy that originated in Afghanistan.
- Charles has completed two levels of study of Craniosacral therapy.
- Charles is certified to level two in Reiki.
Ben is an out of network provider for
- Empire BCBS and
- United Healthcare.